Magnesium Lignosulfonate is a compound derived from lignin, a complex polymer found in plant cell walls. It is formed through the sulfonation of lignin, resulting in the introduction of sulfonic acid groups onto the lignin structure. This modification makes magnesium lignosulfonate water-soluble and imparts certain beneficial properties that make it suitable for various applications.
Magnesium lignosulfonate CAS No.8061-54-9 were activated by different oxidizing agents for use in phenolic resin composites used for the production of abrasive components.
|Name||Magnesium Lignosulfonate||Magnesium Lignosulfonate|
|Appearance||Yellow Brown Powder||Brown color|
|Total magnesium and calcium||8%min||5%min|
|Total reducing matter||7%min||7%min|
Magnesium Lignosulfonate Application
Magnesium Lignosulfonate serves several functions in various applications. Here are some key functions of magnesium lignosulfonate:
- Water Reducing Agent: Magnesium lignosulfonate acts as a water reducer in concrete and cementitious mixtures. It reduces the amount of water needed to achieve desired workability, improving the flowability and pumpability of the mixture while maintaining its strength and durability.
- Plasticizer: In the production of ceramics and other materials, magnesium lignosulfonate can act as a plasticizer. It improves the workability and plasticity of the materials, making them easier to shape and mold.
- Dispersing Agent: Magnesium lignosulfonate serves as a dispersing agent in liquid systems. It helps disperse and stabilize particles, pigments, and additives, preventing them from agglomerating or settling, and ensuring their uniform distribution.
- Binding Agent: Magnesium lignosulfonate can act as a binding agent or adhesive. It helps hold particles or ingredients together, providing cohesion and enhancing the strength and integrity of the final product.
- Dust Control Agent: Magnesium lignosulfonate has dust control properties, making it effective in reducing the generation and dispersion of airborne dust particles. It can be applied to surfaces or incorporated into materials to minimize dust emission.
- Chelating Agent: Magnesium lignosulfonate exhibits chelating properties, allowing it to bind and complex with metal ions. This function can be utilized in applications such as metal extraction or wastewater treatment, where the chelation of metal ions is desired.
- pH Adjustment: Magnesium lignosulfonate can be used for pH adjustment in certain applications. It can help stabilize and control the pH of formulations or systems.
- Soil Conditioning: When applied to soil, magnesium lignosulfonate acts as a soil conditioner. It can improve soil structure, water retention, and nutrient availability, promoting healthy plant growth and enhancing soil fertility.
Magnesium Lignosulfonate Package
1. 25kgs woven bags with liner inside,2.According Customers’requirement.